Baked Bean Shakshouka
A classic Middle Eastern recipe, this Shakshuka uses a can of Branston Baked Beans to create a delicious dish that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Serve with sourdough toast.
- 1 x 400g can of Branston Baked Beans
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 of each coloured pepper sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 medium eggs
- Handful of parsley
- Ground black pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough, toasted
- Heat rapeseed oil in a large frying pan.
- Add red onion and the peppers. Fry for 4-5 mins, stirring often, until the onion and peppers are tender.
- Add the garlic, cumin and smoked paprika, to the frying pan and cook for a further 1 min.
- Add the cans of Branston Baked Beans and chopped tomatoes, and simmer for 5 mins.
- With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the sauce and crack in 4 medium eggs – 1 for each well.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for 5-8 mins, until the egg whites are set.
- To serve, sprinkle chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper over the shakshuka and enjoy with some buttered sourdough toast.