Mediterranean Tuna and Vegetable Tart
This is a great recipe that uses lots of canned ingredients and is great for any time of the year. Brilliant for a family meal or even lunch the following day.
- 1 Can of Tuna
- 50 g Canned Sweetcorn
- 50 g Cherry Tomatoes (Quartered)
- 1 Sheet of Shortcrust Pastry (Ready Rolled)
- 25 g Sliced Black Olives
- 2 Eggs (1 Egg Whisked for Egg Wash)
- 25 ml Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Layout the pastry sheet and using a dinner plate cut out a circle. On a greased and lined baking tray lay the circle of pastry down. Leave to one side while we make the filling.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the cherry tomatoes, black olives, canned sweetcorn, and tuna. In another bowl, whisk the egg and milk with a fork until well mixed, sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix again.
- Pour the egg mix over the tuna and veggies and combine together.
- Now spoon the mixture into the middle of our shortcrust pastry sheet and spoon to the edges leaving an inch all the way around.
- Using your fingers fold over the pastry to create an edge all the way around the tart. Brush the pastry with the egg wash and pop in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the middle is just firm to touch. Serve hot or can be enjoyed cold.